Wednesday, February 9, 2011

40/365 My 365 Gear

This is the little camera I've taken all of my 365 Project 2011 shots with so far.  It's a Kodak M575 point and shoot.  It has 14 MP's, a 5x optical zoom with in the lens image stabilization, 720p HD video, face recognition and a 3-inch LCD screen.  This is a mirror shot I flipped at Convert Hub.  So far I am pleased with this camera though there is no comparing it to even my old Kodak Z612 with 6 MP's.  These little cameras make up for the pencil eraser sized lens opening with high MP's.  The flash is also, in my opinion, overpowering at times.  It is very difficult to get any bokeh even in the so-called macro mode.  High speed photography, such as capturing water drops, is next to impossible.  However this camera wasn't designed for any of those things, but the limited things it can do it does well.  It is small and easy to carry around so that you can take those quick shots or videos of friends and family or whatever and get great results.  I have a pouch that it resides in on my belt.  Very handy.  Costing right at $100 it is a great deal.  All in all if you are looking for a point and shoot or an SLR-type camera check out Kodak.  We own 3 and are pleased with them.  Steve's DIGICAMS Kodak M575 Review

No comments:

Post a Comment