Thursday, March 24, 2011

83/365 My Old Hot Rod

I was rooting through the curio cabinet looking for something for the POTD and I ran across these Polaroids.  This is a 1969 Chevrolet El Camino I owned in the mid-1990's.  I used to have fun with it out at the 1/8th mile drag strip.  It weighed in at about 3400 pounds and turned the eight in 9.3 seconds at around 80 mph (after some work, which I did myself, and some cash).  That was fairly quick for a street car and I surprised a lot of Mustang GT owners' at quite a few stop lights too!  It had a 350 small block with over 375+ hp, a Turbo 350 trans with a B&M shift kit and stall converter and a stock single traction 3:73 rear end.  Oh, and about 7 miles per gallon too.   I sort of miss those days!  I liked the way I caught part of my desk and the surroundings so this is SOOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment